Amber 2020 - Zig Zag Rd
Without a doubt, one of our favourite white-ish wines. This really began our conversion from reds.
The wine was made by renowned Gilles Lapalus using low intervention techniques. It was whole-bunch pressed and wild-fermented, then left on skins to add texture, integrate aromatics and create a beautiful amber colour.
It’s unfiltered, with minimal sulphur, and not cold stable: leaving everything natural to flourish. Remarkable citrus and pear notes integrate with texture and acidity. It’s astonishingly different to many other sauvignon blancs, and has to be tried to be understood. Perfect for a summer’s day.
Some boring stuff we have to say:
- liquor must be packaged together with flowers, food or other gifts
- the volume of liquor supplied to a person must not exceed 1.5 litres per day
- the value of the liquor and its container must not be more than 50 per cent of the gift's sale price
- liquor supplied needs to be purchased by the proprietor on a retail basis
- both the purchaser and recipient of the flowers or gift must be 18 years or over.